Monday, March 2, 2009

Sydney - Monday evening (part 1)


A quick post since we are headed out for dinner (running a bit late, but when aren't we for dinners? :) Here is a picture from dinner last night - note the passion fruit souffle at the bottom corner for the second night in a row!
We headed out this morning for the Sydney Fish Market which is the 2nd biggest fish market in the world after Tokyo. We did not attempt to make it at 5:30 for the fish auction (and as it turns out, I'm not sure we could have actually gotten access even if we had gotten there at that crazy hour). As some of you know, I love to go to food markets in whatever foreign country I am in and Craig always tries to include them on the itinerary (Lisa and Josh - I'm sure you remember when we tried to go to Les Halles in Lyon but didn't realize it was in the morning always! Also, we once went to a food market in China where they supposedly sold dog but we didn't see any. Etc). So after all that, how did pregnant Bess do at the fish market right after breakfast? Well, actually, pretty well - the smell was pretty potent but we made it about 30 minutes before needing to get away from the smell. Here are a couple pictures:












On that note, we're headed out for dinner and I'll write more later.

No comments: