Sunday, October 25, 2009

9 Weeks Old!


It was a busy 2nd half of the week and weekend (so far) for us.
On Tuesday night, Katie and Catherine came to visit us which was great. Wednesday we had our play group and Thursday we went to visit Lila and Jamison (oh and Lisa, too!) and then to Buy Buy Baby.
Here is a picture of Sam with his little girlfriends - I think he's a little concerned about what he has gotten himself into!



On Friday we went to NJ to visit Nanny and then Kate kept us company for a couple hours in the evening since Craig is in California. On Saturday, Sam went to his first birthday party to celebrate Helena turning 2! What a big girl! I can't believe she is already 2 years old! It was a costume party, so Sam dressed up:



After that, we did some warm clothes shopping for Sam, visited the Cohens uptown, and had Matt and Matt over for dinner. whew! The week was so busy that I took very few pictures (these are some of the only ones!). So, we are taking it easy today (which is good because Sam was a little fussy in the morning)...

Overall, Sam is doing great! We've managed to get into a little bit more of a routine in the last week (wake up, eat, play, nap, eat, change, play, nap, eat, do an activity, eat, relax at home, eat, go to bed, eat, repeat), so that's been nice. He's also been willing to take some of those naps in his crib or bassinet which means that I have actually been able to get some things done and have a little time to shower and eat by myself. And I'm sure that I will jink this by writing it, but he's been sleeping well - going to bed around 9pm, waking up once in the middle of the night to eat, and then sleeping again to 7-7:30am. Good job, Sam! The doctor warned us that he might backtrack, but hopefully not! I'm not sure if it's just passing the 8 week mark, the routine, or maybe the SwaddleMe which seems to be working well.... Wish us luck that this continues!

1 comment:

bk said...

whoa! what a ladies man